Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lemon Cookies


OK, so cookies are not exactly health food, but sometimes I make sweets for my husband or for the people in my office. I don't eat them, but it's way cheaper (and healthier) to make them at home than to buy them at the store. The recipe can a variation on a common theme:

2 cups of flour (can use whole wheat, organic wheat, or cake flour)
1 cup sweetener (can use splenda, stevia, brown sugar, turbanido sugar, regular sugar, whatever)
1/3 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
2 Tbsp. vegan smart balance spread
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. lemon oil (or lemon extract)

If you have poppyseeds you can add them, but I did not have any, so I omitted them. Heat the oven to 350 F, roll the cookies, slice them, bake for 12-15 mins, remove and cool.




2 comments:

  1. I have a choclate cookie recipie that is similar in ingrediants I should send you.Mark Loves them! Has egg white though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that would be cool, I can use egg replacer :)

    ReplyDelete