Monday, September 21, 2009

A day at the zoo



Before I met my husband, I had never been to the zoo as I felt that it was cruel to keep animals in cages. On our honeymoon while in Amsterdam, he convinced me to go to the zoo, under the premise that some of the animals, which are endangered, actually thrive in zoos. They all had pelnty of space and seemed truly happy to be there and even a bit tame. All seemed very lazy, docile, and waiting for the humans to bring them their next meal. Since then I have asked to go to the zoo pretty much constantly. In fact we donate to the zoo now and have a membership!
Red Pandas are an example of animals that are endangered in the wild but can thrive in a captive environment. There are three at the Cleveland zoo that were born as twins. They are soo cute. Red Pandas are actually related to racoons, not pandas, but until I can go to the Altalta zoo this is the closest to a Panda I am going to get :) We also visited the Wolves, the Flamingos and other birds, and of course the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment